1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp, 172g) salted butter
6 oz (170g) DICK TAYLOR DARK CHOCOLATE, chopped
1 cup (198g) granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs (room temp)
1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
⅓ cup (30g) dutch-processed cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking powder
3oz (85g) Dark chocolate
¼ cup (50g) heavy cream
¼ cup (60g) peanut butter (room temp)
⅓ cup (40g) confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a heat-proof mixing bowl, melt together the butter and chocolate on 50% power in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs for 1 minute until foamy on top. Whisk the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Stir until just combined.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the brownies are just set.
- For the topping, add the chocolate and the cream to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and confectioners sugar until smooth, Spread over cooled brownies and garnish with chopped chocolate if desired. Let cool 2 hours before cutting and serving