Surprises such as rotting walls, increased material costs, and engineering delays have been a few of the hurdles we’ve faced. As you may have heard, the price of materials has skyrocketed due to supply chain shortages. Luckily our team has found workarounds which have lessened the impact for us. And we find that any woes of increased budget are quickly washed away at the beautiful sight of our waterfront location!
We’ve been working to pull in the front of our building slightly to allow for more sidewalk space. We’ve also added more windows to the storefront to make the most of the bay’s morning light. In doing so we’ve had delays with engineer work and also found some rot hiding in the walls.
We’ve just met with the painter and flooring specialist to discuss floor finishes and concrete polishes. Windows and doors have been ordered, and the electricians have begun running wires. We’re thrilled with our progress and
hopeful that the exterior will be ready to showcase in the near future.